Saturday, November 8, 2014

Students from Victoria

The students from Victoria have been working on fundraising for their adventure, but they have also had the chance for a bit of fun with a BBQ and canoeing afternoon.   Team shirts make the venture somehow seem real in my eyes - all of a sudden 21 people become a team.  I hope it gives the students and leaders the same feel.




I am really looking forward to spending 2 weeks with this group of young adults and sharing with them the opportunity of a lifetime.
I am also excited at meeting the team from NT.  Every year I continue to be amazed by the way 2 groups of people come together with a common goal in mind to form a single working unit, having never met each other.  Each group of students brings their individual strengths and challenges, but the friendships formed from across this great country of ours  are awesome.  I love the opportunity to maintain these friendships into the future and I hope the students and other leaders get that opportunity too.
Cheers
Shaz

No comments:

Post a Comment